Tuesday, December 9, 2008

La Majorette

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So ever since the Balmain Spring 09 collection debuted at Paris Fashion Week, the blogosphere has been abuzz with an intense obsession over military and band jackets.  Unable to resist the trend myself (as much as I hate to look like a hipster), I purchased this asymmetrical military jacket from forever21. There are also four gold buttons going up and down each sleeve which I failed to capture in these pics. 
Both my parents were in the navy at some point so I actually have a lot of stuff to work with at home.  My next project will be hemming a dress that my mom wore to a navy ball back in the day.  I would still like to find a vintage marching band jacket, but sadly, everyone is flocking to ebay so the prices keep getting hiked up.  Ahhh, if only:

Photobucket

Also, for reasons I still don't understand, I bid on this vest on ebay. 

Yes, it has elephants on it.  

Immediately after clicking the "confirm" button I hoped someone would outbid me, but they didn't, and now, whether I like it or not, it is mine.  We shall see how it plays into my wardrobe.  

Photobucket

P.S. I am aware of the fact I am monstrously huge on your computer screen. I'm currently experimenting with blog layouts and I will eventually find a happy medium.

Jacket- forever21, belt-thrifted, knit pants-forever21.com, prada knockoffs- forever21.com

No comments: